Monday, 2 September 2013

University Challenge?

I received my first challenge from my University today.

As I've mentioned previously I have taken a life changing decision to go to University at the grand old age of 53 to study for a degree in Creative and Professional Writing......gulp
What was I thinking, I'm not sure but this is probably the last chance I will have to make a success of my writing.

Anyway, today I received a letter from the Uni asking for my choice of modules.  The letter states that I should pick modules up to the value of 20 credits.  No problem you would think, so did I but then I read the guidelines on the completion of the module entry form where it is talking about 50, 60 and 70 credits.  Confused, I certainly am.

Am I really cut out for this if I'm already stumbling at the first block.

All I can say is, it's going to be an interesting three years!

More Soon - Chez x

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Cheryll and enjoy your new career. I would love to do a creative writing degree. I keep promising myself I will do a Creative Masters one of these days but at 54 I need to get a wiggle on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Virgoan Scribe, sorry for the late reply but I've been on holiday and we had no internet so I've only just picked up your comment. I am very lucky, my job finished at the end of last year (New Year's eve) and I decided that I this is what I wanted to do, I'm 53 by the way. It's going to be hard, I need to work part time (unless I actually get published)to keep bread on the table and I'm not sure how the generation gap will affect me, at my interview I was mistaken for a parent, but it's now or never. Hope you get to follow your dream too.

    ReplyDelete