Today was just work, work, work and I don't mean writing. Have done very little writing today that wasn't connected to my day job.
Read a really good post 'Running our races and becoming winners' by Jody Hedlund on her blogspot regarding work/life balance or rather writing/family time balance, really think I need to look at my work/writing balance. One of my colleagues suggested I try job share, if only, it really isn't an option in these present economic times, but one day
I've decided that I need to set myself daily writing targets. My target for tomorrow is to write up the article I planned out on saturday and try to do at least 800 words of my novel.
I also read Nicola Morgans blogspot which is full of really useful advice for the newbe writer but I did find myself wondering am I good enough at the moment, am I writing the right book? Personally I think I can write. Whether I writing the right stuff I'm not sure. I love crime and mystery novels I read them all the time I am going to read a lot more of them so I'm fully conversant with the gendre. And I am going to persevere with the articles but I'm not delusional. I don't know if I'm good enough at this moment in time but I will be.
More Soon - Chez
Welcome to the blogosphere :) Best of luck with writing!
ReplyDeleteSarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)
Thank for the comment Sarah, this is all very new and scary but I am enjoying it.
ReplyDelete