Monday, 9 April 2012

Where did that year go?

I am shocked to realise that over a year's gone by since I lasted blogged.  So to get you up to date; my novel is nowhere near completion, my husband took up birdwatching and I've been out with him most of my spare time (I know I'm making excuses), so to re-motivate myself I'm taking a fiction writing course.  The reason I'm doing this is that as of the 20th April I will be on 90 days notice of my job ending and I've decided to become a full time writer (until the redundancy money runs out) and instead of dabbling like I have been doing I intend to learn the craft.  The course is mainly short story writing but I hope that it will lead me on to taking a degree in creative writing next year and I am going to finish writing my novel.

I've already booked myself on to creative thursday at the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival this year.  I went last year and it was fabulous.  I had intended to pitch my novel in the Dragons Pen this year but as I haven't reached my goal and finished it in time I will pitch next year definately.

I'm off to Derby Library on 19th May to do a one day crime writing workshop with Zoe Sharp.  Guess which gendre I chose to write. 

I will keep you posted on both of these events - can't wait!

Anyway I'm off to access the key components of Alan Sillitoes 'The Loneliness of a Long distance Runner'.

More Soon - Chez

No comments:

Post a Comment