Sunday, 4 November 2012

Dreams may come true

I made a decision today that I really must blog more.  I completed my writing course, it was fantastic, I learnt so much..... Much appreciation to my tutor Alex Davis.  Completing the course helped make up my decision about my job.  I have decided to take voluntary redundancy and concentrate on writing, scary I know but I feel the time is right.  Procrastination is no good for the novel.

Had a really busy weekend last weekend, Friday saw the book launch of my friend Kirsty Fox's first novel, Dogtooth Chronicals, at the Nottingham Contemporary.  The event was titled 'The thrill of waiting up for the end of the World' and was a great success.  I was there with the rest of the Notts Writers Group to witness this momentous occaision.



Saturday saw me at the Nottingham Contemporary again for Sillitoe Day, a fantastic day in celebration of the wonderful Nottingham author Alan Sillitoe.



Whilst there I met up with another wonderful Nottingham author Derek Buttress, who wrote a fantastic book, Broxtowe Boy, which is sadly now out of print.  I did manage to track a copy down and Derek graciously signed it for me (It is now my most treasured possession).  Derek also gave me a copy of another of his books, Sing to me, he truly made my day.

I have so much more to say but my novel awaits

More soon
Chez

No comments:

Post a Comment