I'm now an ex housing officer and am about to embark on my writing career. I've had loads of fabulous support from my family, friends and ex colleagues and I've received a lot of advice from published writers. The best advice they give is to:- WRITE.
The time has come to motivate myself and get on my computer everyday. So I've laid down some ground rules for myself.
- My writing day will begin at 7.00am and end at 2.00pm or until I am satisfied with my word count.
- I will not answer any correspondence, text, tweet or go on facebook until the end of my writing day.
- I will not turn on the televison until the end of my writing day.
- I will write at least 1000 words per day.
- I will make an effort to attend all my writing group meetings.
I'm still actively involved in Crime Warp and am lining up some authors to interview. Just found out that Ann Cleeves is following me on twitter (Very excited), so I may build up the courage to ask her! Recently interviewed Mel Sherratt, who was absolutely fabulous. I'll post the full interview on here tomorrow.
More soon - Chez
No comments:
Post a Comment